January 22, 2010

Dress Code.





On my way to work this morning, aside from being jostled by passengers all over my side of the subway car (god help me when I can't get a seat) I was able to maintain a firm grasp on the cold vertical subway pole with my right hand and a borderline firm grasp of my PRINT magazine in my left hand. Embarrassed, I am to say, that it was December's issue because I have been way too busy to read it and thus has collected a bit of dust in the corner of our living room along with some other mags. However, now that I am finished with my book, Born Round (an amazing memoir written by former NY Times Food Critic Frank Bruni), I needed something to read on my commute. Enter PRINT magazine. Not any issue though...dum dah dum (drumroll please)...the regional design annual!

It seriously almost brought me to tears because I realized what incredible work people are doing while I am work designing what I design. I am not complaining, I am just saying. Samples above are from a studio that's featured, Dress Code, who are located in NYC and do some fun work. These pieces above are for a local theatre company called Lightbox Theatre. Check out the rest of their site and the PRINT regional design annual for more.

No comments: