January 26, 2010

Tobie Giddio: Illustrator






Ahhh, if I could be a gal in this amazing illustrator's, Tobie Giddio, paintings I would be so purposefully decorated. Alerted to her incredible portfolio from our art buyer at work I immediately fell in love with these paintings – the colors, the energy, the silo-ed background. It's all fabulous and something I would love to have on my walls. Checking out her biography, I see she has a beyond well-respected client list (Bergdorf's, Apple, Tiffany's, Neiman Marcus, Amy Sedaris' hysterical and helpful book "I Like You, Hospitality Under the Influence") and actually sort of looks like the ladies she is painting. As they say, there is a piece of yourself in all of your art.

I wonder if she sells prints...

And I think she has inspired me to do double-time on my Mac-based work tonight so I can break out the paintbrushes tomorrow night.

3 comments:

adesignaffair said...

Great find!

Katherine Lee said...

those are stunning! thanks so much for sharing my dear!

xo katherine aka. urban flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

Susana said...

Hey!

I found your blog a few days ago, looking for information about the Townhouse hotel in Miami, that I was looking forward to visiting.

I am from Madrid, so I have also enjoyed reading about your Journey in Spain...and I certainly will continue visiting your blog in the future...

Finally, I am planning a travel to NYC in March and I was wondering if you could help me with some nice tips and must-see places.

Thanks a lot and congratulations for the blog!

Here is the address of mine and my email:

www.vuelo-directo.blogspot.com
susana.campossanabria@gmail.com