November 4, 2008

Parque del Retiro.






The last sightseeing of this trip to Madrid was at the Parque del Retiro. I was one minute from not going to the park because it was just way too cold to be strolling around on the cloudy, raw day that it was on Tuesday but I decided to plow through as it was on my list of things to do, I love parks, and I would be in a warm airport soon enough!

Well, as with almost everything I have almost decided not to do, I was very happy I had that little pep-talk with myself because I loved the park and would have been sad if I had not seen it. I couldn’t stop taking pictures and I was even getting annoyed with myself each time I HAD to take a photo (which involved taking off my right mitten and exposing that hand to the elements); but there were such pretty things to take photos of! The park also re-reminded me how much I have missed running (there were a lot of runners in the park) since I have been here and made me for the only time jealous that I hadn’t chosen Madrid to live instead of Barcelona because I would have had a FABULOUS park to run in as much as I wanted.

No comments: