November 2, 2008

Yes, This IS Where I Stayed in Madrid.



One quick note has to be written about my hostal accommodation. It was in a perfect area as I was able to walk everywhere from it without having to take transport anywhere. It was in a small plaza-walkthrough and close to many restaurants, bars, and stores but wasn’t loud at all for sleeping (except when I was awoken Tuesday morning at 8:14 on the dot by the sound of sawing metal from construction nearby). I would recommend it for anyone. As long as they are not staying alone and ARE slightly claustrophobic. I don’t know if these photos show it well or not BUT I am pretty sure my room was no more than 6 feet wide as the bed took up the entire width from head to foot and when I was laying in bed I couldn’t stretch my legs completely without hitting toes to the wall. Also, and this was the funniest thing to me, I had a shower which opened up RIGHT next to the door with only 3 sides covered (no curtain, no door, nada) which combined with REALLY strong water pressure made it difficult not to get water all over the floor and my things. Oh and I had a sink (right next to the shower as you can see) but no toilet. I knew this before I signed up for the room, but still found it funny that I had 2 out of the 3 bathroom components SANS the bathroom; just sitting in the room like they were a desk or chair or some other furniture (of which there wasn’t either).

These pictures weren’t easy to take either, as I couldn’t get far enough away to get the WHOLE room in the frame. Hahah. I am laughing again just thinking about it. The first was taken while laying in my bed and yes, that’s my blanket and no, the zoom isn’t on nor am I using any photoshop techniques; the room really was that small.

No comments: