January 8, 2009

A Graphic Designer Walks into a Bar and Says...

That title makes it sound like I have a joke to follow in this paragraph, but in fact I have stumbled upon a page worth of quotes from famous designers like Paul Rand and Milton Glaser as well as creators like Albert Einstein and fine artists such as Pablo Picasso. There is something about reading what other creatives have written about their experiences with starting something from scratch whether it is a logo, an advertisement, a painting or a lightbulb that is pretty inspiring. I can't say that the person who put this page up spent a lot of time proofreading (one of my HUGE pet peeves) so there are a few typos and misspellings, but read it for what it is and you won't be disappointed. I'll leave you with one that I thought was pretty profound especially in the business I am in:


"Think of and look at your work
as though it were done by your enemy.
If you look at it to admire it, you are lost."


Samuel Butler


No comments: