September 22, 2009

MAC & Artist Inspiration.

by Richard Phillips for MAC

by Maira Kalman for MAC

by Marilyn Minter for MAC


A few weeks ago I found myself in a MAC store waiting to get my make-up done for my friend Kristin's wedding. Though I love the clean design and layout of MAC stores, I rarely go in them. Spending almost 90 minutes (between the wait for the artist and actually getting my make-up done) in the store my eyes had a treat. I noticed up on the back wall was a life-size piece of art from Richard Phillips in striking bold colors (shown above). I asked the artist, Dana, who was working on my eye make-up at the moment, what that was all about. He told me that MAC took three artists - Richard Phillips, Maira Kalman, and Marilyn Minter – to inspire colors for the Fall collections. What a fabulous idea! Art imitates life or now here, life imitating art!

No comments: