November 20, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox & New York Magazine.





Retrieving my New York Magazine from our narrow silver mailbox in our apartment building makes my Monday (though as of recently, it has been coming on Tuesday. Anyone else?). Not only do I anticipate doing the crossword puzzle on the subway the next day (I know, I know. I'm a word geek) but I know the articles and other regular favorite sections (Dining Out and the Intelligencer to name a couple) will make my rides that much faster to and from work.

This week I was extra excited when I saw the cast of "Fantastic Mr. Fox" on the cover as well as an "inside the shooting of the cover". I love the behind-the-scenes information – one perfect single shot is not just taken, it is MADE. Hours of hard work (and in this case 6 hours of prep for these lil' figures) and a cast of specified creatives. I of course had to WATCH the behind-the-scenes which was conveniently on the NY Magazine website.

No comments: