February 2, 2009

Advertising & Football.



Overall, I didn't think the ads last night were too spectacular though there was enough to keep my design coworkers and I chatting about for 10 minutes this morning. Artistically, one of my favorites was the Coca-Cola picnic which had some great animation of insects flying around with flight-y music (see above). I was also interested in the interactive (how GREAT has the Times been getting with its new interactive design department? Read more about the brains behind it all here) piece the NY Times online did which has a slider that allows you to check between 2009 and the past two decades of Superbowl commercials and see how many ads were dedicated to how many subjects. And of course, how many had humor, animals (which I am constantly amazed by how many companies DO), and celebrities.

No comments: