June 11, 2009

An Abstract Alphabet.




I stopped into Kate's Paperie this morning to peruse and be inspired (plus, I just love to touch all of the paper). In the front window there was a lampshade made up of typography as well as a book of the alphabet – done in artsy way of course – that I loved and told myself I would remember the name of the author to look it up on Amazon. Honestly, I don't know why I don't write more of these things done because of course I got on the subway, rode up to midtown and forgot the author's name. Anyhow, in my search I came upon THIS book which turns the alphabet into abstract art (or abstract art into the alphabet), A is for Art: An Abstract Alphabet by Stephen T. Johnson. I kind of love it and kind of want to add it to my ever-growing wishlist of design/typography/photography books. When I find the original book I was looking for, I will post about that one too. Though that might take another trip to Soho and back to Kate's to refresh my memory...

No comments: