March 24, 2009

Anthropologie: How I Love Thee.








I probably walk into an Anthropologie store at least 4 times a year. Upon entering said store, I usually sigh and take a long exhale through my nose while my eyes gloss over and I dream of purchasing everything in my sight. Each slow stride over the shabby chic wooden floor allows me to take in more and more pretty, whimsical clothing until I have reached the back of the store where my heart palpitates just a little bit faster as I look lustfully around at the homewares. Ah the candles and plates and mugs and saucers and dresser knobs and linens and everything else perfect that I would love to take home with me. Alas, I do as I always do and walk out empty-handed for this dear blogger cannot spend $60 on a tank top or a teacup. It is fine this way, really. Maybe if I could buy everything I wanted in thethen its magical spell on me would be lifted and I would stop dreaming of perfect spring outfits and tables for teaparties and what fun would that be?

One of the reasons that I love this place so much is that I know how wonderful their art direction is. Does that sound crazy? The fact that a printed two-dimensional piece of wonderful photography and layout can transcend to my experience in the store as a 3D person? Maybe so, but I'm okay with that. For the full March 2009 catalog, click here. Beware, swooning might ensue.

PS. They sell wallpaper (the third photo above)!

No comments: