March 11, 2009

Austin Rocks!








Okay, so I have never been to Austin but my brother lives there and tells me it is pretty rockin' year-round, seeing as it's considered THE home of live music and is considered one of the most laid-back and fun cities in the country (can't wait to check it out for myself in less than two months!). However, it is ESPECIALLY rockin' now because the famous South by Southwest (or SXSW as it's written all around the web and on posters) concert series is beginning at the end of the week. I was curious with all of the great bands that play down there and my love of band tour posters if they would compile quite a collection of visuals from the bands and the venues. So I did some researching and found a site which had done just that (all images from the austinist.com) and I picked out some of my favorites to share. Wonder if my brother might grab some memorabilia for me (hint, hint, little bro)...

1 comment:

Julie said...

my husband and i just moved to houston and are making our first austin trip in a few weeks. we are going to see two of our favorite bands, slightly stoopid and rebelution. CAN'T WAIT!!

love those posters!!