January 3, 2008

I am beginning to hope.

My New Year's resolutions were all written yesterday and I am very excited about this new year of 2008. I think great things are in store for all who are really looking for some life changes for the better and hard work is going to start really paying off. Anyhow, because MY resolutions are done, I was thinking about writing one for someone else. I know these lists are supposed to be personal and only you can decide what you want to accomplish this new year, but sometimes people need a little nudge. Before you tell me I am being pushy, let me tell you who I am going to give a pre-made resolution to: Regina Spektor. She has been my favorite female singer since I took home her Begin To Hope (and her most recent) CD with me one night in April of 2006 from the Virgin Megastore in Union Square. It was one of those times where I wished I lived in the suburbs with a car; where I get a new CD and immediately start opening the plastic wrap from its case the second I put the keys in the ignition. Off the wrapping goes and there always seems to be too much time that elapses before I can get the disc into the player, but when it does and that first sound plays from the speaker – its love at first note. This is how I felt the first time I heard Regina on Pandora many months before. It was her song "Us" that initially had me hooked on her beautiful vocals and piano playing as well as her quirky and smart lyrics that are found in each of her self-written songs. I mean how can you not love a singer who talks about "Summer in the city means cleavage, cleavage, cleavage" and "Remember the time I found a human tooth down on Delancey". If you have not heard of her or heard her music then you must go to iTunes and take a listen. You will be glad you did, and might even send her the same resolution that I am, which is to BEG her to come out with a new CD.

PS. I didn't design this t-shirt. I am not that crazy. Amazon is selling it online here.

No comments: