January 17, 2008

Illustrator amor.


For some reason I have an affinity for learning about Spanish culture and therefore it does not surprise me that I am completely enthralled with the work of the Spanish illustrator/designer Javier Mariscal. His illustrations are very childlike and happy and there is just something about it that really resonates with me. Even his website is something that will just make you smile when you go to it; the funky upbeat music and even the little icon next to the web address in your browser that starts dancing. The work above is from a cookbook he illustrated which is called 1080 Recipes. It was recently released for the first time in English. From what I have read about it, it seemed to have been the Spanish Joy of Cooking in terms of widespread love and devotion to it, as well as something of a bible for of Spanish cooking.

No comments: