October 11, 2008

A Flea and A Film.

The largest bottle of wine ever given at a table

These ladies liked their cervesa

One of the booths at the market full of old lighting

A great old sewing machine

The theater on Calle Verdi in my neighborhood


September 29

Matt and I decided to check out an antiques/flea market called Encants which was about a 15 subway ride from my flat (as I think everything is). We started by eating at the old restaurant next the market; which before Matt and I stepped in, had an average patron age of about 73 years old. The tables were covered with funny plastic tablecloths with pictures of tapas and there were old ladies drinking lots of cervesa (shown above). Matt coerced me into getting the menu del dia with him which I should preface usually comes with a glass of wine. Well, folks, this crazy old restaurant gave us an appetizer, small main course, dessert AND the largest bottle of wine we had ever seen (hence the photo above that Matt took which makes it look as mammoth as it was) for about 9 Euros each.

Later in the afternoon we went to see “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” which I was not a fan of at all. I liked the filmography around Barcelona but thought that Woody Allen did nothing spectacular with the film or its actors (and I usually like Mr. Allen’s works) or the plots. The one thing I did like was the inside of the theater, so I took a picture of it so you can see what the international film theater looks like in my neighborhood.

No comments: